One of our fondest childhood memories is of our mothers baking apples for dessert. The warm, homey smell of cinnamon and apples permeating the air. Aaah the smell of fall! Everyone got their own apple, it felt like such a treat. Bring this tradition to your home! Simple is often the most delicious.
(Serves a family of 4)
4 firm apples
4 teaspoons brown sugar
1. Remove the top of the apples at an angle (similar to a Halloween pumpkin).
2. Scoop out the center of the apples, leaving the bottoms intact.
3. Fill each apple with the brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon then replace its top.
4. Put all the apples in a baking dish filled 1/4 inch up with water.
5. Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake at 350° F for 40 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.